WUR Livestock Research
Continuously ‘in control’ of quality and security
Livestock Research is one of the research institutes of Wageningen UR (University and Research Centre). The institute is engaged in fundamental, innovative research and practical solutions for sustainable and profitable livestock farming. Livestock Research is ISO 9001-2008 certified and has been using Icologiq since 2008 because the document management system used at the time had become obsolete. Recently, we have commissioned a new version of this system: Icologiq Elements Document Management.
Quality manager Chrysantha Wagenaars has the following to say about the use of Icologiq Elements:
“For our operations, we use documents that aim to preserve and improve the quality of our work. Within Icologiq we manage work instructions, procedures, forms, manuals, checklists and reference materials. The more frequently our employees use, consult and – optionally propose improvements for – these documents, the better we’ll be able to guarantee the quality of our services. If you want employees to use the documents, you must make sure that the documents are digitally available at any location. This system helps us facilitate that”.
Livestock Research uses Icologiq Elements for:
- Documenting the organizational structure: who is responsible for what tasks and which employees require what information to perform their job well.
- Documents that can be found quickly and are easily accessible.
- Increased efficiency as a result of workflow support.
- A drastic reduction of human error.
- Continuous improvement: employees can improve documents and – together – preserve quality.